Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Rapunzel, Rapunzel

A few days before Christmas, Daniel and I decided to take the kids to see their 1st Big Screen Movie...
I must admit I did think this was a bit on the crazy side because all my mom ever told me about my
1st movie was that I spent more time in the bathroom than watching the movie? Yep, apparently I decided I needed to visit all 20 stalls in the bathroom at least once and found that more fun that sitting still for a full-length feature?! No comments please! :) Crazy or not, there was a cute movie out (that didn't involve trains, cars, buses, etc), and we were determined to give it a try! So, "Tangled" or "Rapunzel" as the movie is called here is what we went to see. We saw the movie at the Sony Center which airs all movies in their original format, so it was in fact in English! Apparently, many of the modern day fairytales originated in Germany and Rapunzel is one of them. We found this to be fitting for us so off we went!
The kids knew there was a fun 'surprise' coming that included popcorn, but neither imagined a big theatre!
What a surprise it was for them! We did have a little bit of hesitancy when the lights dimmed, but they were fine until the sound came on. Carter said, "it's TOO loud" and covered his ears. For a second, I thought "uh oh this is not good," but I told him he could put my had on over his ears and that would help. Holding my breath, he bought it! You can barely see in this picture, but he wore the hat the whole show. Abby then insisted her ears hurt as well and needed something; hence the scarf!
I went armed with a bag full of snacks and treats to keep them in their seats-it worked! They both sat
through the whole movie, no potty breaks, nobody cried, nobody fell asleep, it was fabulous!
After the movie, we took a stroll through the Sony Center. The kids enjoyed seeing the Santa and snowman made only of Legos! Amazing the patience someone must have to put literally thousands of little legos together to make something lifesize!



Yes, even the sleigh was made solely of Legos!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Yay! I didn't know you were a blogger too! I'm following now and can't wait to read more on your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete